As per s179(b) of the Local Government (General) Regulation NSW 2021:
Council Meeting 14 December 2022: Item 9.1 CHELMSFORD TOWN SQUARE TENDER 22/206
Resolved THAT Council:
1. Formally rejects all tenders received for the Chelmsford Town Square project based on having insufficient budget for the tender prices.
2. Does not invite fresh tenders, as all tenders received provided confidence that project outcomes are feasible and can be successfully delivered.
3. Adopts a revised scope based on completing all the foundational civil works in the centre, tree planting, utilities and disabled changing facility up to the value of the available grant funding and any Council grant funding commitment (if relevant) and carries out the project itself, using contractors for relevant elements where required, and that staff then seek additional grant funding to complete the remaining elements of the project.
4. Determines to negotiate directly with Boots Civil with a view to enter into a contract in relation to relevant elements of the tender, being to install landscaping, footpaths and ancillary works in Chelmsford Town Square.
5. Authorises the General Manager to enter into negotiations with a view to entering into a contract for elements of the project.
(Moved Cr Weston, seconded Cr Kidd)