Leeton’s New Online Community Directory Now Live
Published on 08 May 2023
Leeton Shire Council is delighted to announce the launch of the new online community directory www.leetonliving.com.au – the result of a fruitful partnership between the Leeton Business Chamber, Leeton Connect and Leeton Shire Council.
Leeton Living is a one-stop-shop platform for the community and new residents, divided into seven categories: “Community”, “Live”, “Work”, “Eat”, “Shop”, “Business & Industry” and “Play”.
- “Community” comprises a directory of all essential and non-essential community services, and also gives people the opportunity to find and join local volunteer organisations
- “Live” connects new residents with local real estate agents, builders and retirement villages
- “Work” provides job seekers the opportunity to link up with job services providers and register their skills. This will enable employers to find suitable candidates in the area. It also links through to Jobs Riverina; a job directory with specific focus on vacancies in the Riverina
- “Eat” lists the wide range of restaurants, cafes, pubs and takeaway options available in the shire
- “Shop” invites people to browse Leeton’s boutique retail stores, personal care services and home & giftware options
- “Business & Industry” is dedicated to the businesses that are local to Leeton, and the business support services that are available
- “Play” allows you to connect with local committees regarding events, sponsorships and other matters
- The site also features a local community events calendar showcasing the abundance of sport and fitness options and variety of events on offer. In this section, community groups will also be able to submit upcoming events (such as AGMs, etc)
Originally initiated by Council to connect local businesses looking for staff with skilled newcomers looking for jobs, and to help them settle in, early investment in the platform was leveraged to garner very helpful grant support from the Foundation for Rural & Regional Renewal (FRRR) via the Leeton Business Chamber who agreed to become the project lead.
Delighted with the result and encouraged by community response already, Leeton Business Chamber president Cr Krystal Maytom is inviting the community to test out all of the website features and provide feedback on how it can improve via https://leetonliving.com.au/website-feedback.
“We are really pleased how the website has turned out and can’t wait for people to start using it. We hope it will be a great source of insight for those living or looking to move to Leeton,” she said.
Council’s Executive Manager Economic & Community Development Michelle Evans said Leeton Living more effectively delivers previous attempts at a Community Directory and a New Residents’ Kit, while also helping to close workforce gaps.
“The website ensures information for newcomers, locals, job seekers and employers is current and comprehensive,” she said.
Mrs Evans is also looking forward to sharing more website features in the near future.
Businesses that have not been listed yet can provide their details via the below form. Leeton Living aims to become the most comprehensive list of businesses and organisations in Leeton.
Executive Manager Economic & Community Development
T. (02) 6953 0911