Local Heritage Grants
Grants Scheme Recipients for 2022/23
Leeton Shire Council approved five applications totalling $19,000 for funding assistance as part of the 2022/23 Local Heritage Places Grants Scheme at its October 2022 Ordinary Council meeting.
Under this annual Grants Program, funding is available for ‘Listed’ heritage items in the Leeton Local Environmental Plan 2014 or for buildings supported by Council’s heritage advisor as being of heritage significance.
The five applications approved by Council were:
- restoration of windows at St Andrew’s Church ($2,200);
- restoration of walls and ceiling at former Anglican Church ($3,500);
- external restoration works and roof painting to Whitton Post Office ($4,300);
- external upgrade and painting to walls of shop at 15-17 Pine Avenue ($5,000); and
- replace windows, repair weather boards and repainting to west wall of house at 102 Kurrajong Avenue ($4,000).
For further information, please read the following Media Release (1 November 2022).
2023/24 Funding and Applications
Council’s Local Heritage Fund assists owners and/or lessees of significant land or heritage buildings with funding for projects. Grants are for projects that enhance or restore building facades, or signage.
Applications for 2023/24 Local Heritage Grants will again be available from July to mid-August 2023. Applications will be available for work projects involving repair/replacement of heritage facade details, painting external facades, mandatory Building Code of Australia (BCA) works and installation of sympathetic advertising signage.
- Public benefit
- Sustainable long term heritage benefits
- Public benefit and enjoyment
- Alignment with Council Priorities
- Capacity and commitment to undertake the project
- Value for money and cost effectiveness
For further information
For further information, please contact Council's Planning Building and Health department on 02 6953 0911 or email email@example.com