Council News is a weekly publication that appears in Friday's edition of local newspaper The Irrigator. To checkout what's making headlines for the...
Leeton Shire Council resolved its intention to set aside a $15,000 contribution towards the Lyrics, Landscapes and Lintels project to be included...
At its March Council meeting Leeton Shire Council endorsed advocating for a “claw back” provision to regain lost indexation funding (CPI increa...
At its March Ordinary Council meeting Leeton Shire Council authorised the General Manager and Mayor to commence negotiations for a Voluntary Plan...
Leeton Shire Council endorsed the continued management and operation of the Leeton Golf Course for the period 1 July 2017 to 30 June 2021 at its ...
Leeton Shire has 20 parks, 16 of which contain playgrounds. Several have BBQ and picnic facilities, lush green lawns, trees and gardens.
There are many vibrant and modern playgrounds suitable for children of all ages within Leeton Shire.
The major playgrounds in Leeton Shire include:
Mountford Park playground is the premier playground located within the heart of the Leeton township in Wade Avenue. The playground caters for all age groups and is conveniently located right in the centre of Leeton in Mountford Park. Recent additions to the playground include new seating and BBQ, a double “Sky Rider” cable ride, “Mammoth Swing” and “Giant Tower” with slides.
Graham Park is located adjacent to the Gralee School and is a popular location for children’s parties and other social gatherings. The playground caters well for the younger age groups.
BBQ and picnic settings make this a great place to gather with families and friends.
Central Park is located in Parkview adjacent to the Parkview School.
The playground has exciting modern equipment that is very popular with children of all ages.
There are also toilets, BBQ and picnic settings.
McCaughey Park is the major park and playground in Yanco. It features a “Skyrider” cable ride and “Giant Swing”. The playground caters for all age groups and is situated among shady trees with a picturesque lake, BBQ’s and picnic shelters.
Council is currently developing a Playground Strategy.
To see a full list of all the parks and playgrounds in Leeton Shire please click here
Having well maintained cemeteries that honour our loves ones is important. Leeton Shire Council is committed to offering respectful and supportive services for grieving families.
The Leeton Shire Council manages the Leeton and Whitton Cemeteries. Since 1957 Leeton Cemetery has been under the control of the Leeton Shire Council and in 1961 following extension of the Shire boundaries Council also assumed responsibility for Whitton Cemetery.
Leeton Cemetery is located on Boronia Road, Leeton and the earliest recorded burial date is 1912. Management of the Cemetery between 1914 and 1957 was carried out by representatives of various denominations and maintenance was dependent on voluntary workers. Since the control of the Cemetery became Council’s responsibility considerable improvement to the grounds has been carried out and the development of the beautiful lawn cemetery and rose garden has improved the appearance greatly.
The Leeton Cemetery has a lawn section, rose garden (ashes), vault section, capella section and a monumental (closed unless reserved).
Whitton Cemetery is located on Wilga Road, Whitton and has a long history. Whitton was a thriving railway town before Leeton was even thought of. Trustees of the Cemetery were first appointed in 1883. In 1965 the old section of the Whitton Cemetery was closed to enable Council to keep more accurate records.
Services are available each day of the week by contacting your Funeral Director. Special arrangements and charges apply for weekend services.
During services shade is provided for convenience and comfort where possible.
Plaques for the lawn and rose garden (ashes) sections are available through Council.
The size of the plaque for the lawn graves is 380 x 215mm. The plaque may be single, double with a small detachable plate for individual information (if for a couple in the one grave) or a book style plaque (2 book leafs). These plaques may vary by different borders, emblems etc.
The size of the plaque for the rose garden (ashes) section is 230 x 205mm. This plaque may be single or double with a small detachable plate for individual information if for a couple in the one grave. These plaques may vary by different borders, emblems etc.
Further Information can be obtained by contacting Council’s Office during business hours – 8.30am to 5.00pm (02) 6953 0911.
Ranger: 0417 259 422
Parks: 0428 970 143
Roads: 0407 468 214
Water/Sewerage: 0428 268 679